Friday, July 26, 2013

LOKI LOVE Friday, July 26, 2013

Loki came over and layed his head on my leg -- it slipped off but you can see he was laying up against me.  This was watching tv at my house on Thursday night.  He layed his head on my leg before but I didn't have the cell phone with me to get a picture.
I shouldn't tell this because it will make you guys so jealous -  but I was laying on the sofa this morning at your house and I heard Loki get up.  I was laying there thinking, "I can't get up and walk this dog," when he jumped up on the sofa by my feet -- heading toward my head.  So I patted my upper side and he came right up to my chest.  I grabbed him in a one-armed hug and started petting his head saying things like, "Love, Puppy!  Do you love me, Puppy!?  Am I finally gettng love?!"  and he stayed there for a long time -- he was licking and licking and licking my neck and chest, which was grodie, but hey -- it was love from Loki and we all know that is RARE.  Of course, I didn't have the cell phone to get any pictures -- if I could have gotten a picture of that anyway.

He probably just wanted me to get up.  I did get up and went out to get his line - I was going to let him on the line while I went to the bathroom.  When I put the line in the door (I was outside) he backed up and sat down.  He was NOT going on the line - he wanted to be walked on the leash, thank you very much.

Loki was outside when Mr. Short came to my house at 9:00 to start the floor.  He was terrified at first -- he barked and barked at Mr. Short and when he came in he was slinking belly to the floor and I think his back legs were shaking.  But he got over that really quickly - and Mr. Short has been saying things like, "Get back...get back..." to him.  He stuck his nose all over Mr. Short's head.  Mr. Short is kneeling on the floor so his head is level with Loki's.  How can Mr. Short kneel on the floor?  My knee caps would shatter. 


Loki checking out everything Mr. Short is doing.

Mr. Short had to use a saw to cut out the rotted subfloor stuff.  The saw was not fun for the cats or Loki or me.  I went looking for Loki and found him in a corner between the sofa and a folding table and the coffee table.  I picked him up and sat on the sofa to love on him and he climbed on me like he does to see out the window.

I shifted his back legs to the back of the sofa....and turned around later to check on Loki and saw him still on the back of the sofa.



Is one leg behind the sofa?  Why did he just stay up there?
I took pictures to prove how he looked like one of the cats but he was acting very tired - like he couldn't keep his eyes open.  I left him there for a few minutes but when I looked at him again, it looked like his back end was slipping behind the sofa, so I went to get him off of there.

Look at that face...one leg is not even on the sofa, I think, and he was acting like he was narcoleptic.  I don't know if the saw rattled his brains or what.


Later, I had a crisis trying to get Loki back in after I got him over the hole in the floor to the deck.


What a hole -- right where Loki has to go out onto the deck.  The hole is covered now so nothing can fall through.


I kept endangering myself to get over the hole to get Loki back in but he would run from me.  Mr. Short tried but he ran from him too.  After about the 14th time I went out there, he stayed put and let me pick him up.  Then I couldn't get back in while holding him and Mr. Short had to take him from me over the hole... The hole is covered up now - Mr. Short says someone else will have to come and take out the sliding glass door and a lot of the wall beside it to put in a "base 2x4" that has rotted out.  He says it is a big job and it will cost a lot.  Just great.

Loki is guarding the nylabone I gave him.  He isn't eating right yet - apparently he needs a nap.  I need to stop taking pictures of the dog and get some stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment